Introduction

Friday, March 31, 2017

Drunken I Ching, Cornball Shit that Works, Buproprion in the house, Moving day

Last night's I Ching shouted glad tidings right into my sad, lonely, angry, resentful and hopeless/worthless feeling soul, and I am still alternately laughing and shaking my head.

First Hexagram:

With changing second and fifth lines, morphing to:

There are many reasons why these seem ironic oracles to me. Many of them should be obvious to you as well, dear readers. I think I'll just post them and move along. 

Also making me shake my head lately: The couples counselor, who I saw once for an individual session prior to a couples session that would end up being the only one, because I was not interested in the ex's insistence on revisionist, negative narratives about what a liar, loser and commitment-phobe I am and what a shithole our 5.5 year partnership was (I really wasn't interested-- can you imagine?) anyway-- I digress-- the couples counselor gave me the assignment to write a list of affirmations starting with "I am," as a way of moderating my grief and anxiety. Now anyone who knows me knows I fucking hate shit like this. I resist anything programmatic, scheduled, forced, outside-in, artificial, etc. I think I will in fact put this resistance on my 4th step. 

For example-- I have bonfired perfectly salvageable relationships simply because the most effective way to do the salvaging would have been to schedule connection time, sex time, activity time. I resist, I resist. I resist so much I would rather fuck off and die. 



However, I must swallow my pride and odd dismissal and resentment and simply confess that the counselor's idea works. I have my list of "I am" affirmations and I look at them often. I especially look at them when I am having an anxiety attack and feeling the PTSD hit. It is embarrassing that this shit works. We are simple creatures after all. Fuck if I am not actually able to *flatter myself* and believe it enough to effect a noticeable change in my emotional landscape. I guess, more charitably, the "I am"'s are true, at least partly, and I just need a reminder, since my inner tapes of self talk are so fucked up and awful. 

I finally got to see a p doc yesterday, the ultra-nerdy Doc O, who happily prescribed 300 mg. of buproprion a day, two 150 mg happy purple pills. I launch out on the 30 day trial. We shall see. My expectations are low. But we shall see. It is a huge leap for me to seek help, to seek counseling and a p doc and actually take meds. It's just not like me in the least. I guess my misery got bad enough eh?

In a couple hours, I pick up yet another U Haul truck and get all my stuff out of storage and collect it all here at the house. I am hoping to go through it and prune, prune, prune. I am finally committed to digitizing all my vinyl. I never want to move vinyl LPs again. Digitizing all of it will be a huge step to streamlining the Percy Hades Roadshow. 

I only recognized last night, talking with a friend of mine, how much I am dreading this today-- just because of the echoes of March 1. But I can also move through it as a cleansing and disengaging ritual. I can think of it as soul retrieval activity, which seems to be where I am now anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is an anonymous blog, mostly in an effort to respect the 12th tradition of Alcoholics Anonymous. Any identifying information in comments will result in the comment not being approved.