Introduction

Friday, March 10, 2017

the lost field pack

The stolen pack on the beach at Punta Arena, Isla Magdalena, BCS

My car was broken into last night. When I found that out, my heart sank, since I have all of my camping gear, a lot of my clothes, my camp kitchen, my Canon Eos, camera bag and many other items in there. But the intruder merely moved some things around and then emptied out the above-pictured day pack and only took that. The pack itself had been to Baja and back maybe 6 times in the past few years and was my makeshift, cheap, flimsy and silly looking field pack. The thief even removed my sun hat, baseball cap and sunscreen and left them on the car seat.

This seems oddly very Underworld somehow. I hope whoever it is gets as much use out of that old thing as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is an anonymous blog, mostly in an effort to respect the 12th tradition of Alcoholics Anonymous. Any identifying information in comments will result in the comment not being approved.