Introduction

Saturday, October 17, 2020

Beach Day

 A friend and former student, who was just dumped by a long term boyfriend via text message, is visiting, and we are headed up through Malibu to Point Dume. I wonder how crowded it will be on a pandemic Saturday in October. It's one of those blue sky, clear October days, made even more so by the usual clearing effect of fall winds (which, sadly, also lead to fires). 

I always mark Miles Davis's beachfront condo when I drive through Malibu. I forget exactly how I found out the address. But it's right along the PCH. 

This past week teaching was nuts. If I didn't have a visitor, I would probably just sleep all day today. It was just one of those huge tidal wave weeks of being very busy. Even after 33 years of teaching, I don't fully understand why some weeks come along that are like that, and others are very chill. 

Anyway, a series of Cylindropuntia acanthocarpa flower pics, all from the same hillside, near Florence, showing the incredible variety of flower color morphs. And a few scenic shots of Florence AZ. Go easy on your eyes. Walk in beauty. Look both ways, though. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment

This is an anonymous blog, mostly in an effort to respect the 12th tradition of Alcoholics Anonymous. Any identifying information in comments will result in the comment not being approved.