Introduction

Monday, April 9, 2018

Balance

The topic last night's speaker at the CoDA meeting chose was balance. She picked up her 11 year recovery chip. 

It occurred to me that "balance" is the perfect counterweight (pun intended) to precariousness. Simple. 

Maintaining balance while remaining open and loving and not slipping over into precarious-land seems like a good way to practice this recovery. 

After my extensive step 1 inventory, I'm beginning to have a step 2 experience. The opening script of the CoDA meeting says "no longer do we have to rely on others to be our higher power." Of course this is the essence of the precarious way of life. As I begin to believe that a power great than myself could restore me to sanity, I realize that means I am essentially okay no matter what anyone else says or does or decides or feels. The center of gravity begins to move to my own center. North on my compass is set by me. 

It's beginning to feel like a huge change, finally, after more than a year of being stuck at step 1. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is an anonymous blog, mostly in an effort to respect the 12th tradition of Alcoholics Anonymous. Any identifying information in comments will result in the comment not being approved.