Introduction

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Angry about anger

On the other side of letting myself feel anger, I sometimes experience anger that I'm angry. Yet another quirky facet of being Percy. In this case, after a few days of being angry a la my previous post and then some, yesterday I started feeling like I was done, and I began to angrily accept (yes that's possible) the entire deal. "Hang on one goddamned second, honcho. Being angry about selling yourself short *sells yourself short*," I realized. 

An actual pic of me driving the rental car across Montana

I am 100% glad everything happened exactly as it did, which is maybe the greatest gift of getting real about anger. Well, there is one regret: I would have (haha meaningless) let go sooner, if I could have (haha meaningless). I did what I was able to do the way I was able to do it, when I was able to do it, and that is that. Frankly, I would not change anything at all, regardless of how painful many of these passages have been. 

The level of grief and anger I feel about the word "depression" being misspelled on this flow chart LITERALLY cannot be expressed but some day I will find acceptance about it if it kills me. 

Onward to the Oregon coast and a campsite I snagged for the night. This road trip has been incredible in many ways. At some point, a retrospective will be posted here, but probably not until I get to Arizona. I still have no clue what is next in my life, but I do know this: unless I die in a fiery car crash along the Pacific coast or something, I will be sleeping next to the ocean tonight. How could I find fault given this reality? Lovers come and go, crushes are a dime a dozen for a crush addict, partners are fallible and fickle, but the ocean is always there, flood or fury, peace or halcyon days. As my first AA sponsor used to say, when I was in grave doubt and cynicism, "What part of the wave isn't 100% ocean?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is an anonymous blog, mostly in an effort to respect the 12th tradition of Alcoholics Anonymous. Any identifying information in comments will result in the comment not being approved.