Introduction

Monday, January 1, 2018

Burning

Here are the things I burned last night in the fire can (by doing an abstract drawing quickly with a single pen on regular notebook paper, and writing the name at the top and then lighting the paper on fire, watching it blaze and saying "fare thee the fuck well"):

Enmeshment
Seeking outside validation 
Acting out of self-centered fear
Letting self pity run my life
Controlling and manipulating
Feeling less than
Indulging in pessimism and lack of trust
Wallowing in gloomy nostalgia
Acting out of greed and possessive jealousy


Of course such ritual doesn't instantly remove the spiritual illness, but I feel more free today. A process like this that is almost entirely non-verbal definitely sets strong intention and reshapes the fundamental ground. And I have the list of the words.

Step 6: Were entirely ready to have God remove these defects of character. Step 7: Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings. 

You know I don't even believe in "God" per se, but this is step 6 and 7 work for sure. Because the great myth of our times is that we can do this work ourselves. That I can fix me. 

I have a mountain of evidence that I can't fix me. 

But these toxic patterns do become ameliorated when, instead, I just turn them over. I am powerless over my defects. They are unmanageable by me. Here, Universe, here they are. Help me let go of them and find new ways of being. 

A good way to say adios to the old year. 

1 comment:

  1. Intentionally or not, this looks like the Eye of Sauron, sideways,

    ReplyDelete

This is an anonymous blog, mostly in an effort to respect the 12th tradition of Alcoholics Anonymous. Any identifying information in comments will result in the comment not being approved.