Introduction

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Skillful avoidance


Working with my great students lately has been enjoyable. I spent so many years slaving away at the charter school in Hades, where the students were amazing, but so many of them were dysfunctional in truly disabling ways, and came from incredible chaos at home. I'm sure my students at Idealist Academy have their own issues and challenges to deal with, since they are, after all, human. But they actually do assigned work, turn it in, ask questions, take feedback, participate in class, and show up. And all of this, during this blasted pandemic, so I bet it's even more fun to work with them in person. 

It's challenging for me to be meeting them all remotely, to be a new teacher at a new school, and to be in this fucking chair all day. But, it's also, so far, knock on wood, working out surprisingly well. 

Words words words words. 


Tedison

I am assiduously avoiding the Presidential debate, as I can't even bear to see a photograph of our tax cheat in chief. The thought of watching him, hearing his voice, whatever, is stomach churning. I'd rather watch a botfly larva being removed from someone's rectus femoris muscle. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is an anonymous blog, mostly in an effort to respect the 12th tradition of Alcoholics Anonymous. Any identifying information in comments will result in the comment not being approved.